Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Web 2.0: Multimedia Blog Pre-Posting



       Web 2.0: Multimedia Blog Pre-Posting

         
    English three this year is not what I expected. I recall on move-up day sitting at one of the desks in the unfamiliar classroom feeling uneasy. I've heard many stories of our soon to be English teacher. Majority of those stories held a positive outcome and important information. I've been told I would have to truly motivate myself during his course and there is no time for slacking. Anxiety washed over me! How was I supposed to excel in a class that would be a major adjustment for me, from my previous years and WRHS? The one who caused this feeling to course through me was none other than, Mr.Forman.

    Mr. Forman has been teaching at WRHS for the past nineteen years! He is well known for his involvement in English Literature and Composition. However, he has resided to teaching 11th graders the root and foundation of how American Literature prospered. Let me tell you! I have not been a student of his for long, but I've already learned skills that could benefit me tremendously in the future. We students have been given the privilege to have a teacher who is familiar on the content that is given to you in college.  Did I mention that Mr. Forman also taught at Bergen Community College?! We have already learned the grading process that majority of professors take into use and what is takes to be a good speaker. 

     Usually we think English is boring, but that depends on the teacher's ability to captivate the audience's attention. This is where acknowledging the keys to being a good speaker come into play. If your tone of voice is low, chances are your audience is more likely to zone out during your lecture, On the other hand, if you were to raise your voice, show emotion, and feel the the words you were speaking, the audience would be drawn to your voice and the emotion you show, would be mirrored back to you. Speech is about compelling, persuading, and converting.

     Everything we have learned during class has been done through technology. Mr. Forman projected power point slides, showed us resourceful videos, and even brought us to Purdueowl.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment